Appointments should be made with your usual Doctor where possible. Staying with the same Doctor will improve continuity of care. If you move outside of the practice boundary, or are already outside of the boundary, we will need to ask you to register with a more local GP. All GP’s are advised to retain patients only within their own practice area, and this also enables us to provide a good service to those locally.
We ask you to keep your appointment, or cancel well in advance if you are unable to attend. Appointments are heavily booked and missed appointments waste time and prevent more urgent patients receiving appointments. This in turn creates more emergencies.
The practice, in line with government guidelines, undertakes a Zero Tolerance to violent or abusive behaviour whether verbal or otherwise to any member of the staff, doctors, or the general public on the practice premises, or outside. If this occurs, you will, depending on the severity of the situation, receive a written or verbal warning, or you may be asked to leave the practice list immediately, or the police may be called to the premises.
YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be able to see a Doctor within 48 hours and a Healthcare Professional within 24 hours
- Repeat prescriptions will be ready to collect within 72 hours unless there is a specific reason which will then be explained
- You will be treated as a partner in your care and will receive courtesy, respect, and confidentiality
- We will try to answer the telephone promptly and courteously
- We will try to see you within 20 minutes of your appointment time, or you will be offered an explanation or another appointment. If your appointment needs to be cancelled we will try to give 24 hours notice
- We will maintain your medical records and maintain confidentiality
- You will be informed about out of hours provision and whom to contact in an emergency
- You will receive a home visit if you are housebound and the doctor considers the visit to be necessary
- You will be entitled to a practice leaflet informing you of our services and how to obtain services and information
- You have a right to ask to see your medical records.
- Charges will be made for work considered to be private or non NHS work
- Please keep your appointment or cancel well in advance for that appointment to be able to be used. Remember some appointments if they are of a longer time will prolong the time others may have to wait to be booked
- We ask you to be courteous and respect our staff and other members of the public If your prescription is due for review, or you have been asked to see the doctor or the practice nurse of other health professional, please make a suitable appointment informing reception of any special requirements
- Please attend your appointment on time, late attendances over 10 minutes will be re-appointed
- Remember that we have a policy of zero tolerance to violence or abuse both verbal or otherwise.
- Please remember the doctor of your choice may not always be available but you may be offered an appropriate appointment with another doctor or healthcare professional
- Please use the allotted telephone numbers for specific requirements as requested to allow others to get through correctly
- Please be patient with us when we are busy, we will try to help everyone as soon as possible
- Please inform the practice of any change in your address or telephone number, and please provide us with a contact number
- Please request home visits or urgent appointments as early as possible in the morning
The practice considers aggressive behaviour to be any personal, abusive and/or aggressive comments, cursing and/or swearing, physical contact and/or aggressive gestures.
The practice will request the removal of any patient from the practice list who is aggressive or abusive towards a doctor, member of staff, other patient, or who damages property. You may then be placed on a list and allocated a practice.
All instances of actual physical abuse on any doctor or member of staff, by a patient or their relatives will be reported to the police as an assault.